Medical Billing Outsourcing Frequently Asked Questions
- Will my claims really get paid faster?
- How fast will I know if the claims have been accepted?
- Will I be able to know at all times what claims have been filed?
- Will I have to have expensive equipment and software?
- Will my patient charts ever have to leave my office?
- So what exactly does the billing specialist need from our office to file the claims electronically?
- How will the information needed to file a claim get from my office to a medical billing specialist?
- I don't have a formal superbill. Can the billing specialist design one for my needs?
- What happens if the claim is rejected or paid wrong?
- What are the liabilities involved in using an outside service?
- What would my office staff be responsible for?
- Do you provide billing services for Medicare and Medicaid claims?
Will my claims really get paid faster?
Most definitely. Electronic claims are always processed before paper claims, and because of the electronic tracking methods in place, the insurance companies cannot claim they never received your claims. With our exclusive next generation technology your claims can settle with money in your account in as little as 7 days!
How fast will I know if the claims have been accepted?
You will know that the insurance companies have accepted your claims within 24 hours. You can also check the status of your claims in real-time 24 / 7 on the Internet.
Will I have to have expensive equipment and software?
No. In fact, you do not have to have any equipment or software at all. With our specialized system your office can outsource all of your data entry of new patients, posting of charges and payments, and statements.
If you prefer not to outsource, then you can certainly keep your current software and equipment. Your billing specialist will only need a copy of the superbill and patient registration form to perform the billing. The services are completely tailored to meet your individual needs.
Will my patient charts ever have to leave my office?
Absolutely not! If there is any information your billing specialist needs, they would contact your office manager and request it by either fax or phone. Only information that is pertinent to filing the claim is necessary. All patient information is kept in the strictest of confidence and is only used for billing purposes.
So what exactly does the billing specialist need from our office to file the claims electronically?
We will need a copy of the super bill for services performed, a copy of the patient registration form, and a copy of the insurance card front and back. If Payment Automation Network, Inc. is going to perform full accounting of payments as well, then we will need a copy of the EOB so we can properly post payments.
How will the information needed to file a claim get from my office to my billing specialist?
Because each office's needs vary, our billing specialists can work with you on an arranged time to pick up the necessary data to file the claims, or they can be sent to our HIPAA compliant fax server.
I do not have a formal superbill. Can one be designed for my needs?
Yes. Payment Automation Network, Inc. can even put the form on two part NCR paper so your office will not have to make copies of them. The same can be done for a patient registration form.
What are the liabilities involved in using an outside service?
At Payment Automation Network, Inc. we take every precaution to ensure the quality and security of handling your billing needs. Our software and systems meet or exceed all the guidelines stipulated in HIPAA. All data is backed up on a daily basis and is stored off site in multiple remote data centers; a backup can also be provided to your office upon request. These data centers use the latest in security and hacker prevention to keep your data completely safe.
What would my office staff be responsible for?
Your office staff will be able to continually concentrate on increasing patient care and follow up on the status of all the patients who come through your practice. With this kind of care, your patients will become great word of mouth referral sources for you.
Do you provide billing services for Medicare
and Medicaid claims?
We have expertise and experience in Medicare and Medicaid claims submissions. We have the ability to submit Medicare and Medicaid claims electronically for all 50 states.
Need more information?
- Back to the main Electronic Claims Filing and Medical Billing page
- View the Services Offered with Outsourcing your Medical Claims Filing and Medical Billing
- View the Benefits of Outsourcing your Electronic Medical Claims Filing and Medical Billing
- View the Real-Time Insurance Eligibility Verification Service
- Medical Billing Outsourcing vs. In-house cost comparison
- Medical Billing Pricing
- Take a look at our EMC Savings Calculator
|Print our PDF brochure for more information|
Make sure to contact us today to speak with a representative regarding our medical billing service.